Tuesday, June 5, 2012

That moment you realize you put your underwear on inside out!

Admit it. It’s happened to you. Maybe you got dressed in the dark so your spouse could sleep in, or you woke up late and got dressed in a hurry, or you were so blasted tired that you pretty much dressed yourself while sleep walking. Nonetheless, you made it the first couple hours in the day, went to the restroom and discovered it…you put your underwear on inside out!
This morning, this has happened to me yet again. I haven’t tracked the frequency but I would guess I do this at least twice a month. More often than not it is because I’m still asleep while I get ready in the morning.
When I discover my bimonthly wardrobe malfunction I always giggle to myself. It is a gentle reminder that no matter how well I think I’ve got it together, I have something going on that is completely backwards. And you know what? I’m okay with that. It’s okay because I know don’t have to be perfect. I am completely incapable of being perfect. But I have a savior who is perfect for me. He is the only person ever to have been perfect, blameless, or sinless, and he gave up his life for me, for you, for anyone who chooses to follow him.
It was a perfect sacrifice by a perfect person to perfect some very imperfect people. Hebrews 10:14 (MSG)
I will never win mother-, wife-, sister-, daughter-, friend-, or employee-of-the-year but I’m doing the best I can—most of the time. I still strive for perfection, though. It’s what my kids, husband, brothers, parents, friends, and employer deserve from me. More importantly, it is what God deserves from me. But when I fall short, I know His love covers me. It gives me strength to take a breath, put on my big girl panties—right side out—and try again.
123

No comments:

Post a Comment